The dresser I still have plans to re-finish but, for now it works. I only paid $12 for it at the thrift store and the top 4 drawers have curves to them which makes for fun design lines. Looking at the pictures from when I painted a year ago I’ve realized my family room make-over is coming along nicely and always evolving.
Family Room Display
I spruced up this display that sits in our family room. I had picked up a few new finds and wanted to change things up a little.
1. I changed out the large picture…loved my other print but, it was too small for the area and this larger print makes a better statement. I moved the smaller print over to the other side of the window by my built in shelves. This picture came from Hobby Lobby 50% off sale last year and was hanging in my office. My office just turned into a bedroom…future post to come.
2. I found this great Family Rules canvas at Ross for $12.99 and added a display stand to it.
3. I added the metal boot I had picked up a few months back at Hobby Lobby to tie in the horse theme.
4. I found a stack of old books that we have collected. Some were from when I was a kid and some were my Grandparents old books.
5. New to me lamp from Goodwill when I visited my Dad in Maryland this past spring. Only $8.
You can find more on the color of my walls and family room make-over I started a year ago here. My no-sew drapes are here.
These are a few more projects I am working on this week…
School starts on Thursday and these projects currently sit on my patio patiently awaiting my return from meeting 5 kids teachers and from final last minute school preparations.
Linking to:At the Picket Fence, Funky Junk Interiors, Weekend Wrap up Party , Show and Tell Saturdays , Weekend Soiree, Scrappy Saturdays, Six Sisters Stuff, Think Pink Sundays, I Heart Nap Time, The DIY Showoff, Nifty Thrifty Things, It’s Overflowing, Meet Me Mondays, Its So Very Cheri, Made with love Monday, Martha Monday’s, Pink hippo party, Motivate me Monday, Craftastic Monday, Making the World Cuter, Market yourself Monday, A Round Tuit, Weekend Warrior, Creative Me Monday, Not Just A Housewife, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Some What Simple,The DIY Dreamer, The Shabby Cottage, 52 Mantels, Savvy Southern,Southern Lovely, Serenity You