I had so much fun today creating this fun easy and very inexpensive Fall Garland for Thanksgiving Décor.
1. Buy Natural Basket-Style Coffee Filters. I think mine were $1.89
2. Separate out the filters and lay them flat.
3. Crinkle it up in a ball.
4. Smooth it back out.
5. Stack in groups of 10 & get out the stapler.
6. Staple 2 staples towards the center with a enough room to poke a hole in the center of them.
7. Fold in half and cut hole or poke hole.
8. Feed your twine or jute through the hole.
9. Scrunch up your pom-pom. I start with one side working toward the center. Then do the other side and then scrunch both sides together making a cute scrunch messy pom-pom ball!
Next the waxed leaves. Collect lots of pretty leaves and don’t forget fun twigs and sticks while you are at (for another project) with fun little boys in camo gear and pretty horses.
Those horses are sure fun especially when they follow you around with curiosity probably thinking you have food for them in your bucket of leaves. Oh yes getting side tracked…onto the wax leaves.
1. Buy paraffin wax at the grocery store. Mine I have had for 14 years at least sitting in my cupboard.
2. Cut some off the block and put in a throw away pan on your stove burner. Slowly melt the wax. (Learned the hard way and melted it fast only to have my downstairs all nice and Smokey.)
3. Use tongs and spatula that can be thrown away or cleaned after use or that you don’t care gets wax on it. Dip one leaf at a time with a thin coat of wax.
4. Let drip dry over pan and excess wax falls off.
5. Use wax paper to set leaves on to dry or in my case I used plastic wrap and foil with non-stick cooking spray on it.
6. Once cool and dried moved to another surface to make room for more leaves.
Tie them in between your pom- poms with more twine or jute and you are done! Or hang them with fishing wire all by themselves strung across a window.
I had everything for this project on hand except for the coffee filters so all of this cost me under $2. The kids all helped as well with the pom-pom’s and leaf waxing making it a fun family project.
Linking to: At the Picket Fence, Funky Junk Interiors, Weekend Wrap up Party , Show and Tell Saturdays , Serenity You, Weekend Soiree,Scrappy Saturdays, Six Sisters Stuff,Think Pink Sundays, I Heart Nap Time, The DIY Showoff, Nifty Thrifty Things, It’s Overflowing, Meet Me Mondays, Its So Very Cheri, Made with love Monday, Martha Monday’s, The Dedicated House, Naptime Review, Pink Hippo Party, Motivate me Monday, Craftastic Monday,Making the World Cuter, Market yourself Monday, A Round Tuit, Creative Me Monday,House On The Way, Not Just A Housewife, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Some What Simple,The DIY Dreamer, The Shabby Cottage, 52 Mantels, Savvy Southern, Southern Lovely,Fresh Eggs Daily